Friday, March 21, 2008

It is the most wonderful time of the year…at least here in my garden, here in Jamestown.

With great thanks to a cold and hardy winter, the roses seem revitalized this year with new abundant growth. The forsythia has come back, the photinia has an enormous amount of red leaf growth and even the grass is coming back. In grass, I mean the combination of week; fescue and grass that makes the ground look green.

The clematis has grown 2 ½ feet in the last week and the Graham Thomas roses in front of the house were only pruned 1 month ago. Absolutely incredible!

I’m so looking forward to one of our most glorious and colorful months of May in many years.

I can only hope our country will view spring as I do. With hopes of a new administration taking our country in a direction not seen in the last seven years. With the growth of new voter’s becoming excited about the country, that is, new growth and blooms to come forth and the hopes of many of us watching Hillary Clinton becoming the presidential nominee and Barack Obama being the vice presidential nominee.

Truly an exciting time in my garden and in the nation.

No comments: