Thursday, July 17, 2008

DreadLocks be gone!

Well, my little Stoli has developed these little "dreadlocks" on either side of her ears and on her hind legs. I guess it's normal for a collie with longish hair for this to happen but I think it's starting to bother her. At night she shakes her had a lot and tried to scratch a bit behind her ears. She looks at me with this cute little expression and flaps her head from side to side. It's adorable but I get the impression it's beginning to bother her.

i'd been asking her vet about it for quite some time now and finally she said, "She needs a groomer, not a vet"! I found a really interesting link about dreadlocks. I can't seem to link it, but it's easily accessible through Google. The page is bright yellow, so you can't miss it.

So, tomorrow morning, very early, we are off to the groomer's. I think I better wear long sleeves and gloves and try to find her muzzle or she will have me for breakfast.. That horrible little shock collar at such an early age has conditioned her to want to bite my hands off. Hopefully all will be fine tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: