Thursday, April 16, 2009

Springtime

It’s funny, when you have little to look forward to, it’s wonderful to look back and be thankful that your life was good. Or a least you had a good time in life.

As I sit some 121 miles from where I want to be the social isolation has literally put me in my own little world. I don’t know the fashion, I don’t know where the hot places are and most of all, I have no one to share my thoughts with. Oh I wish for a Café Flore in Sonora. Where onetime, I would sit for hours with friends talking about nothing but just having the feeling of community.
I remember the walks into the Castro my friend and I would take around 4 in the afternoons on Saturdays and Sunday’s. They seem like lazy days now but then they were so full of drama. We strolled along, we held hands. We were playful. We had a good time and the people who saw us knew we had a special bond.

The more the isolation surrounds me it’s easy to see why people just “settle” for someone else. Just because instinctively, we know the danger of being alone in our later years. Not even about having a legacy. Just about being 45+ and having someone to share insignificant things with.

Music takes me far away to a land I where I don’t feel alone. I place where I can sing better than anyone else. Where I am invigorated by the music; the swells, the harmonies; the alliteration. Thank God for music and the wonderful means of expression it brings.

No comments: