Thursday, March 24, 2011

The RING THAT TIME HEALS....

I never really thought about why I still wear my X's ring. Although, I really love it, it no longer conjures the same feelings it did.

However today, I looked at my hand and saw hope. Yes, for the first time, Hope that one day I will have another relationship even better and longer that the one for which the titanium ring I continue to wear symbolized.

It is totally amazing when we can shift our minds and remove all the essence of the old and look to the future - especially with an object. Now, maybe I should be repeating, "I am worthy, I am worthy, I am good". but now, I just look at my left hand, treasure the 6, well almost 7 years and it somehow doesn't have the same meaning it did. Amazing.

Jerry Herman wrote in probably his best song ever, from Mack and Mabel: "Time Heals Everything, Tuesday, Thursday, Time heals everything, April, August, if I'm patient, the break will end and one fine morning the hurt will end.

So make the moments fly, autumn, winter. I'll forget you by next year, some year, though it's hell that I'm going through,some Tuesday, Thursday, April, August, Autumn, Winter, next year, some year.

Time heals everything, time heals everything,...but loving you...So make the moments fly, autumn, winter, I'll forget you by next year some year, ,though it's hell that I'm going through, some Tuesday, Thursday, April, August, Autumn Winter, Next year some year, Time Heals everything, times heals everything but loving you.
My absolute favorite version is sung by the great Barbara Cook.

But we can shift our perception of things. Now the ring is a joy to look at, knowing in the future, I may just have a more meaningful relationship than the last one. It's odd, because after 3.5 years, I'm finally getting over that relationship and they say it takes half the amount of time in the relationship. So here's to the future. L'amore, l'amore! Let time continue to heal everything! Because I now that something is coming, don't know when, but it's soon and I'll catch the catch!

No comments: