Sunday, June 27, 2010

The 40th Anniversary of Pride

Amazing! 40 years since the Stonewall Riots. Wow!

I'm usually one to never miss Pride but these past few years living in Jamestown, I dare to say, I've missed a few. Back in 2002, I found a black and White photograph of the dome of the San Francisco City Hall. I purchased it and it hangs on the wall above my desk.

I reminds me of years of dancing in the streets below it. Looking up at its' grandeur and being so thankful we could be allowed to carry on this way.

Some of the best times of my life were centered around this day. I have met some of the best people and overall, had the best time.

My first Pride happened in Los Angeles. I inadvertently walked down the street (I live on N. Flores in West Hollywood) to the grocery store and there it was...my first Pride Parade. I was captivated. It was a hell of a day.

I can only hope the best for my friends in the City enjoying and celebrating the day.

No comments: