Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cooking with Gas


I think the last time I cooked with gas was about 1995 and then only for about 4 years. It’s funny, anytime I ever spoken to anyone about my love of cooking, the subject of gas vs. electric has come up. It is an age old tale. A real cook cooks on gas while a “make believe” cook cooks on electric. I am here to testify, it is absolutely true.

Two days now with a fabulous gas range and I must once again tell you it’s absolutely the truth. You can turn it on, and it on. Vice versa, when you don’t want heat, it’s gone. This morning: Bacon and eggs. Sunnyside up, no problem. I was even able to flip them in the pan. Whoa! Stand back! I am alive! Cooking has never been more fun. And to think, it’s only been two days with a range and two weeks with a professional mixer. I am honestly scared of myself and the creations I’ve got dreamed up. It’s exciting, finally, a joy. Something I love doing. With all the equipment necessary to do it. Yeah for me! My “mise en place” is complete! Game on, let’s cook!

No comments: